At 400 meters from the Tokoname train station, and right next to Tokoname Ceramic Hall, I discovered ni: no (Nino) Cafe. They serve a delicious lunch menu with one drink for only 1000 yen. Pretty economic, isn’t? and the food is super photogenic.
In the last years Tokoname City has become increasingly popular and as a result of this new stores and coffee shops have appeared.
ni: no coffee has 2 floors.
The first floor is a general store where you can find items such as women’s clothing, handbags and hats, furniture, decoration and gardening.
The second floor is the coffee-restaurant. It has antique and very comfortable couch and chairs. A really nice place to take a little break.
The food is Western style, made with local products, and the vegetable is the main protagonist. The lunch menu includes a starter, salad and the main course accompanied by rice or bread.
- In the map for foreigners hasn’t have any list of good restaurants or coffee shops reccommonded as well as the Japanese version. Take Japanese version leaflet for a more accurate information. But if you don’t know Japanese, you can guide yourself through the photos or by asking at the tourist information.
- If you are going to take the lauch or some desserts, notify firts to the store staff.
- Watch your steps. The stairs are traditional Japanese style. Be careful when climbing.
- The menu is only in Japanese, so ask directly.
How to get there
1. 35 minutes away on the Meitetsu train line from Nagoya station or from Kanayama station.
2. 5 minutes away on the Meitetsu train line from the international airport of Chubu.
Tōgōchō 1-chōme 1 Tokoname-shi, Aichi
From 10:00 to 17:00
Lunch menu 1.000 yen